|Access New Resources on Adverse Childhood Experiences for National Child Abuse Prevention Month.
National Child Abuse Prevention Month is a time to acknowledge the importance of working together to prevent child abuse and neglect in our communities, and assure that all children have access to safe, stable, nurturing relationships and environments.
Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) are traumatic events that impact lifelong health and opportunity. ACEs have been linked to risky behaviors, chronic health conditions, educational and employment challenges, and early death. CDC is committed to preventing ACEs before they happen. The new ACE resources available at CDC.gov will help your community better understand ACEs, their health impact, and strategies for prevention.
· New infographics
· Updated information on ACE data collection
· Map of states collecting ACE data
· How ACEs can be prevented
· Presentation graphics for public health practitioners
· Up to date list of ACE journal articles by health outcome
Additional Resources· ACE Study Infographic: Visual, interactive representation of data from the 1995-1997 CDC-Kaiser Permanente study on ACEs prevalence and relationship to health outcomes.
· ACEs Snapshot: Interactive tool that provides insight into how ACEs can be prevented and how to minimize negative effects.
· Case Studies: State case studies provide detailed descriptions of how selected states have valued and used ACE data to inform their child abuse and neglect prevention efforts.
For More Information: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org