Below are links to information and fact sheets to create and develop a group to support foster, adoptive and kinship families and their children.
Starting and Nurturing Adoptive Parent Groups: A Guide for Leaders (download a PDF version)
Used with permission, the North American Council on Adoptable Children’s guide for new and experienced group leaders is listed below.
- Become a Leader
- Parent Group Development
- Get the Group Started
- Develop Group Identity and Activities
- Manage Group Meetings
- Become a Nonprofit Organization
- Financial Planning and Fundraising
- Rejuvenate Your Group
- Find, Support, and Keep Volunteers
- Use Evaluation to Learn What Works and Improve Your Program